1. Q: Who can be a member?
  A: Refer to Membership page.
2. Q: How many types of memberships are there?
  A: Refer to Membership page.
3. Q: What are the requisites for each type of membership?
  A: Ordinary Members must to be duly licenced as a Public Entertainment establishment (e.g. a valid Public Entertainment Licence issued by PLRD).
Associate and Institutional members need to be related to the nightlife industry.
All types of membership will be accepted upon the discretion of SNBA committee.
4. Q: What is the tenure of membership?
  A: 2 years from membership being accepted and subscription fee being paid to SNBA.
5. Q: Does it have a fixed expiry date?
  A: Tenure is for a fixed 2 year period. But membership will cease if:
  1. Being an individual, he dies or becomes of unsound mind or a person whose estate is liable to be dealt with in any way under the law relating to mental disorder.
  2. Being an individual, he becomes bankrupt or makes any arrangement or composition with his creditor generally.
  3. The Member has been convicted of an offence which in the opinion of the Committee is a serious criminal offence, including without limitation any offence involving violence and dishonesty.
  4. Being a body corporate, institution, association or organisation an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding-up of such body or it has ceased to be registered with the relevant authority.
  5. Being a sole-proprietorship, it ceases to be registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (“ACRA”).
  6. Being a partnership, it has been dissolved or de-registered with ACRA.
  7. The Member ceases to hold all necessary relevant licences to operate a nightlife establishment.
6. Q: What are the benefits for each membership?
  A: Refer to Membership Benefits page
7. Q: Can I pay by credit card?
  A: Payment of subscription fee can only be done by mailing us a cheque or wire bank transfer, refer to payment page.
We are considering the implementation of online payment in the future.
8. Q: Who exactly is the member – the owner or the outlet?
  A: For ordinary membership type, the outlet that is issued the PE licence is the member. A representative and an alternate representative of the outlet are to be nominated and registered with the Secretary.
9. Q: If the address of the outlet is different from its registered office, does it matter?
  A: No. Correspondences can be sent to either registered office address or to outlet address depending on what is stated on the application form. You may email us to amend any changes to this.
10. Q: Is each member entitled to a vote?
  A: Only the Ordinary Member is entitled to one (1) vote.
11. Q: If there are outlets under a group holding, must each outlet be a member or just the ‘group’?
  A: For Ordinary membership type, the number of PE licence issued determines the number of members. Each outlet that has a PE licence should apply separately to become a member.